Here's a Tuffy hehe.

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I've got a bit of a tuffy I think. I'm curious if anyone that has the DHR 4.5" lift is having any steering issues? I've already been through 1 steering box ( yea that was fun ). And I'mbout to go through another!!I have the dual steering stabilizer as well. The shop that did the lift is gonna look at it again. They seem to think that the new steering arm outta the steering box to the pit man arm may be the wrong one? Something bout the year of the truck. I told'em it was an early99? Donahoe wasn't really muchhelp either, but I think I may give'em a call again. Other than that, I'm stillvery impressed with the lift. Well, sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts on this matter.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
chances are, it's the swamper tires that are causing the box failures, not the lift itself...

kusto

Frozen PSD
Reaction score
Don't know if you have discussed this in a previous post, but what are the symptoms that you are experiencing? I have a 3" leveling kit and am experiencing the death wobble every time I hit a bump in the highway, wash boards on gravel pull the steering wheel right out of my hand. I know that it is likely different front suspension (coil vs leaf) but the steering box or symptoms may be the same?

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
mainly when turning right, there is a delay before it catches. can kinda "feel" some play in the steering. i would guess maybe a 2-4 inch turn in the wheel before it catches. have taken it to the shop that did the lift. startin to thinki oughtta just take it to ford an see what they say?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Fireman said:
startin to thinki oughtta just take it to ford an see what they say?

They'll probably tell you "Take that lift kit off and your problems will be over!" :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58