Question Hesitation when starting out.

rowlandb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just started seeing this problem. Whether I am pulling my 28' 5th or just driving the truck there is a hesitation when first starting to roll and sometimes when going down the road at slower speeds. One thing I tried was using cruz control when driving and the hesitation is not there. Not sure if that would have any bearing on it.

One thing that did happen recently was I put some regular gas into it by mistake but only drove about 4 miles then siphoned it out and replaced with diesel. I call it a senior moment in time,,,,,

Anyway is it possible that the gas affected the fuel filter or anything else that might cause this hesitation? Since it seems to operate ok on cruz could there be some problem with the accelerator pedal feedback? Do not know much about how this all handshakes but something is a little amiss here. Any help will be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, change your fuel filter(s). What truck are you driving? Add it to your signature so we all will know.

Dave :)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
If it doesn't do it under cruise control, I'd suspect a throttle position sensor failing..

rowlandb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Actually it is very easy to change. I get the new one tomorrow and I will let you know if this fixed the problem. I also changed the fuel filter for good measure. (See privious messages).

rowlandb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
John, Just wanted to say thank you on your suggestion about the TPS. That is exactly what the problem was. It is also easy to get R&R on my 2000. Mounted on the left side of the accelerator pedal assembly. Two screws and one connector and it is off. All you have to do is replace it and nothing else. The box actually calls it an accelerator position sensor.

Since I did the gas thing as mentioned in my original message I also change the fuel filter for good measure.

Thanks again John. This is a wonderful forum!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Very welcome, and don't be a stranger.. There is a social forum as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58