HEY budro!!

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that one of them there blue healer's (heeler?) in your avatar? and is it yours or just a pic you found. i hear that there very protective of there family(owners i mean) and great w/ kids.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Yes that there is a blue healer, or Australian cattle dog. They are VERY protective of the owners, and their property. Her name is COOTER BROWN and she is 7 years young. She is the most playful, loving, lick you to death dog I have ever met, even to strangers when I'm present, or not present in the case of my neighbor feeding her. If she gets to know you you're fine.

On the protecting property note: About two summers ago, a friend of my neighbor, whom she had never met, came up my driveway. He saw her hanging out in the bed of my truck and decided to pet her. Like I said before she is loving and gentle, so she didn't growl or give him any signs, just waited for him to quit petting her and proceeded to give him 10 puncture wounds around his mouth. :eek:

On the good with kids note: Yes the are good with kids IF your kids do not run circles around the yard trying to get the dog to chase them. That's a natural instinct to them and they will herd the kids into a corner of the yard, nipping at their heals to get them there. I have had several kids freak out from this because she would not let them out of the corner. The nips at the ankles is where they get their name, but they are usually very light nips and will not hurt a kid. If the kid stands still and throws a tennis ball or frisbee they will play together for hours just fine.

COOTER BROWN is like the dog in the Quaker State commercial, she thinks the truck is hers. I have left the gate open to my yard by mistake for days, and will find her standing at the threshold. She will not leave the yard until I say she can. She has not and will not get out of the bed of my truck until I say she can. I can even drop the tailgate, and she will stay until I say so. I swear the dog understands over 50 words. She is the best dog I have ever owned.
Bryan

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bryan
she is a HAM
friends of ours have one looks just like her. Great dogs around horses, she keeps em in check.
obviously she is spoiled to, does she get to ride in the front seat?

rum4by5

Reaction score
Good looking dog you got there. I am thinking of getting a new dog for my new house that is being built. I ahve 40 acres and will have 2 or 3 horses so it sounds like that breed might be good for that setup

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
bryan
she is a HAM
friends of ours have one looks just like her. Great dogs around horses, she keeps em in check.
obviously she is spoiled to, does she get to ride in the front seat?

I let her ride in the front during my hauls to Florida a few years back. Thats the only thing I have to watch out for with her. If I mess up and leave a cab door open she takes over the front passenger seat. I don't mind but her hair and my cloth interior don't mix. It cost me $7 at the vaccum everytime to she does it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14