Hey from Texas!!!!

emh3090

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am new to the forum and new to the diesel word. I finally bought one after years of wanting to have a diesel. Can't wait to see what I have gotten myself into! LOL After checking the forum out, it seems to have a ton a resources available, so I think I am in good hands.

emh3090

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought 2005 6.0 with 47,000 miles. It has 6" rev tek lift with 325/65 tires. Not my first lifted truck but it is my first diesel. The only complaint is I am only getting about 8 MPG, if my calculations are correct. I think I might have a failing MAP sensor. Enjoying it so far.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
With these computer controlled trucks, you need to get it scanned to find the codes that will give you a clue. Throwing parts at your truck gets very expensive.

Dave :)

emh3090

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I have to bring it in for other service anyway so I will get them to check that also.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com emh3090, glad to have you here, hope you got a Warranty with your almost new truck.
Has the speed-o-meter been set to the bigger tires? Post some pictures when you get a change.
Doug

emh3090

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am glad to be here and yes, I did purchase a warranty. I was not going to buy the truck without getting a warranty. I am not sure if the "speed thermometer" has been re-calibrated yet. I have to bring it the my local dealer in the next few days for some minor things to be fixed and I will get them to check it. I will get some pic's up as soon as I can and when my kids will give me a little time. LOL

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your dealer can check the speedo calibration if you want. Probably a few $$ to have them do it.

Dave

emh3090

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I think I might have a fuel mileage issue, so I am waiting to run my first full tank of diesel through so I can re-figure the mileage. I think my first calculations were incorrect, so I will prob take it in first of next week. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg