Hey new member and got some ?? for ya'll!

foxrider241

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll i'm new here and just recently destroyed my knee and had to get it totally replaced so i'm going crazy not drivin but i got some ? and i'm sure some of ya'll got the answers.
I've got a 1999 7.3 F-250 superduty powerstroke AUTO, 6.5" procomp lift, 16.5x12" mickey thompson classic 2 wheels, 6" slash cut stacks, 4" down pipe, cold air intake, TS performance 6 position tuner, and some other stuff i cant remember right now... due to the fact of all the great pain killers i'm on.
Here's some questions,
1.There any "free or cheap easy mods out there for these engines?"
2.When i'm driving between 35-45 it feels like my rear end is falling out, the truck shutters like hell and i have no clue what it is
3.I was thinking about buying the Sniper Tuner, any advantages over the TS performance chip i have now?
4.Any good mod's for better MPG's or horsepower you would recommend?
And last, whats the best oil and filter to run in these motors? I live in pittsburgh so i'm not daily driving 30 below...
Sorry i got so many ?'s but i just got into powerstrokes, and know alot about cummins because where i worked before i destroyed my knee was all 5.9 cummins or large internationals or Cat's..
But hey i like the site guys and here's a pic of the fordy,
Powerstroke.jpg

73.jpg

Reaction score
The vibration if you are sure is coming from the rear could be from yer pinion angle. Did you install the carrier bearing drop kit when you installed the lift. If its coming from the front end yer balljoints are toast.

You could shim yer fuel pressure regulator that you'll find in the wiki section top right corner of the page.

Thats a sweet truck you got there.

foxrider241

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The vibration is comming from the front because i can feel it in the gas pedal and it does it more whenever its on the highest tune but back at stock tune its still there but hardly at all, and it did it even before i installed the lift...

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Fox good lookin truck you have there. Fill out your sig so we know what has already been done to yer truck. There are alot of DIY mods in the WIKI section for the 7.3L

Reaction score
My front vibration was coming from busted ball joints and it was only doing it at certain speeds. Got another vibration thought it was my balljoints again but i blew my wheel weights off when i was pressure washing.

drmjf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD. I have tried the sniper tuner, I would stay with the ts chip or twildmans chip or dptuners chip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim