Question hey TG is this your old plane

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
we visited a nuclear museum here in alberquerque today and this puppy from days gone by was parked out back ;)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I think Kent said his old plane is at Grand Forks???

weird we think of Cold-War era stuff as ancient history..
weirder still WW-II might as well be Thermopoly.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Did you go to the one on Kirtland AFB?

yep they moved it off base after 9/11, its nice but needs tour guides, so much to see and read about
8 yr old grand daughter learned a bunch about NUUK LEAR (gw bush) stuff:D

with her being a genius its a challenge to challenge her :sly

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Nope, not "mine".

That looks to me to be a D or E model. The gunner rode in the tail in those older versions of the BUFF. All my flying time was in the G and H models where I rode up front with the rest of the crew. There wasn't any particular airplane that was "mine" whilest I was a gunner. We flew whatever tail number we were scheduled to fly. The BUFF at Grand Forks is one I flew several times.

If there ever was an airplane that was "mine", it would have been 61-040 or 1040 for short. It was a H model B-52, and just happens to be the very last B-52 ever made. I had my name on the side of it when I was the assistant crew chief on that aircraft. I "crewed" that plane for a year prior to tail gunner school.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Mrs TG and I drove down to meet up with our daughter's ex-boyfriend and pickup our grandson. He'll be with us until after Christmas. I'm sure you'll understand Robert. :D:D

He's only 21 months old and already he's watching football with grandpa. :sweet;tu:thumbs When the Packers game comes on, we're gonna have some popcorn and watch the game in grandpa's big chair. :D:D:D:D:D:D

on edit: I'm gonna put one of them turbo's on my truck.
attachment.php

(It's not really a turbocharger, I know what it is, but I wanted y'all to think about for a minute.:tounge)

Last edited:

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
yep they moved it off base after 9/11, its nice but needs tour guides, so much to see and read about
8 yr old grand daughter learned a bunch about NUUK LEAR (gw bush) stuff:D

with her being a genius its a challenge to challenge her :sly

I didn't know there was one off base. There still is one on base but you need a clearance to visit. I would love to take my kids, they always ask what I do at work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14