HFCM ?

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there are any recalls on the HFCM or if there are any aftermarket HFCM. The reason I am asking is that the first time I changed out my fuel filters, the filter from the HFCM looked like I just brewed a fresh pot of Folgers. When I put my hand in to check inside, I pulled out a little chunk of "coffee grains". It also felt like there were some of those grains stuck to the side of the HFCM. Kind of like when water gets into the cylinders and it gets rusted inside, you have to smooth it out with some emory cloth. Would it be wise to clean the HFCM with some of that stuff. I also drain the HFCM between and during oil changes along with the fact that I messed up the cover trying to take that darn thing off.-mad Any response would be appreciated. :thanks

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Joey, I'll give ya what I know, others will chime in.

There are no recalls that I know of and no aftermarket one's short of changing out the fuel delivery system.

How many miles on that filter?? When I pulled mine last week (i won't bore you with the details :roflmao) mine looked just like what you're describing with 15k on them.

They look like that due to the CRAPPY fuel we have here.

As far as the chunks you've found more than likely from the fuel as well.

Like I said others will chime in with more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim