Newbie Hi from the Ramrod

Ramrod250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello my name is Randy A.K.A. “Ramrod”. It’s a long story and you would have to watch the movie Super Troopers to understand, any way back to the intro. My wife Laura of almost 7 years who I have corrupted into liking NASCAR and big trucks who also has a bigger need for speed than me. We have no kids yet but are trying and having fun doing it. In the mean time we have our hobbies. Hers is scrapbooking and mine is racing. Right now it is racing RC cars. Even got the wife into that as well cause now I am putting a car together for her. My other past time is working on my circle track car I am building for a front wheel drive class at my local track. Thus the reason I bought the truck. I have owned and towed with many trucks in the past but gas engines lack power when they have fuel mileage and they lack fuel mileage when they have power. I have work in an auto garage for many years and have driven many trucks and always loved the power of the ford diesels. I don’t know much about them, this is where you guys come in. I hope to learn as much as I can and pass on what little I know. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Let me tell you what I got….
2005 F250 Super duty Crew cab Short Bed 2x4 single rear wheel 6.0L
35,000 miles bought it with 31,000
It is rolling on the factory 17’s but comes 16 inch spare that hits the break caliper. Yeh I found that out in the church parking lot 15 min before my friends wedding.:rant The Only Modifications so far are a Summit Racing cold air airbox and a Summit Racing 4in turbo back exhaust system. Both I want to replace with better later but I got them dirt cheap off Summit Racing’s scratch and dent/Demo table at there store.

Tell you what I want….
I originally wanted a dually, I love the look and the ride but my bank wouldn’t let me have a 1 ton. I am considering making this one a dually but for now I am trying to improve the MPG and if I get some extra horsepower and torque then twist my arm and make me take it. Oh and do a little style modifications also. Have to look good going down the road.

What I need….
Info Lots and lots of info. I am new to diesels and will need help with upgrades and general maintance. So I plan on a lot of reading and asking questions I hope you guys can answer.

Oh forgot to mention I am A.D.D. and tend to ramble. :sorry Thanks Guys.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
welcome and I suggest head studs before any power additions I myself prefer srw less drag 2 less tires 2 buy and I pull an 10*** lb 5th wheel camper

Ramrod250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Great to have you here, get the wife into SDD too.

Thanks for the Welcome guys, and as far as getting the wife a SDD..... She says she allready has one and as soon as we pay off the car or truck I can have one also. Joking aside we want a excursion for her when they are paid off but it must be a PSD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14