Hi Powerstroke enthusiasts!

mpaul22

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and am interested in learning more about my first Diesel truck. In the past few days the truck has started to chug when sitting at lights and also stalls when idling. Any ideas where I should look first? Thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off.. Welcome to SDD ;tu ;tu

Second.. What Year, Model, Engine and Trans ??????

We can't offer much help.. without "The Basics".

Joe

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and am interested in learning more about my first Diesel truck. In the past few days the truck has started to chug when sitting at lights and also stalls when idling. Any ideas where I should look first? Thanks

Glad you're here. I have learned a wealth of knowledge about my truck from the folks here. I am presently reworking the cooling portion of my 6.0 based on what Ive learned here. Click on the settings in the top right corner then select Edit signature on the left. Input the information about your truck including engine size and any modifications. That way your question will be answered based on your truck.
BTW:SDD

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome mpaul22. We would be glad to help you if you will provide us the information above. Fill out your signature so we don't have to keep asking "What do you drive?"

Dave ;tu

mpaul22

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, Joe

I have 2000 7.3 with banks six gun and magnaflow exhaust. There is additional transmission radiator but am confident it is stock. There is also a skyjacker suspension lift I am guessing it's either 4-8". Does this help?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Joe

I have 2000 7.3 with banks six gun and magnaflow exhaust. There is additional transmission radiator but am confident it is stock. There is also a skyjacker suspension lift I am guessing it's either 4-8". Does this help?

The chugging/stalling ? Has the fuel and air filter been changed out lately ? Are the batteries, cables and clamps in good condition ? How many miles is there on your 7.3 ?

Joe

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg