Hi press oil pump Bad?

DR-Mechanical

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 05 would not start friday,towed it to dealer, today they tell me the high pressure oil pump is bad and may NOT be under warranty! 63000 miles using Mobil 1 since 25000. ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM?
I would like any input you guys have
Thanks!:thanks :thanks

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
Just bugs I imagine. I lost an injector a week ago with only 14,800 on my '05. I guess it's stuff that happens. Not under warranty, I don't know. It must not be included in the 100,000 mile engine warranty since its not actually part of the engine. Personally...for 50,000 grand I think you should get 150,000 on everything...that's not to much to ask.:sweet

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they said something about that for an extended warranty that I said no thanks to. I can't see how that would not be covered, as it is an integral part of the motor. That's like not warrantying the screw part of a light bulb. But still 63k on the clock you shouldn't be replacing major engine parts.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
05 6.0 PowerStroke HP Oil Leak at Injectors:
Some vehicles may exhibit a hard or no start with low ICP pressure readings. Remove the valve covers and inspect for oil leakage where the oil rail installs onto the injectors. If leakage is found the affected injector should be replaced. Inspect for a missing oil inlet o-ring or spring clip. If these parts are missing, they will need to be located or engine dmage will result. Look inside the rocker carrier on top of the heads, in the oil pan and on the oil pick up screen. If the missing parts are not in these locations, remove the lube oil pump and regulator and inspect. Broacast Message 3862, 4582.

http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/60bulletin.htm

dont know if it helps but its worth a shot
I find it hard to believe the HPOP is not covered under the 100k ...???
got chips or tuners loaded

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
The HPOP is covered under the warranty. My 7.3 had one replaced afew months ago. Don't take any BS from the dealership on this. Tell them to show where it states it is not covered.

$trokin6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The HPOP is located internally at the back of the engine not something easy to get to check the dieselmanns page there a few items pertaining to it and it sould most deffinatly be covered under warrantey. you will have to pay your deductible of $100.00.

Hope this helps. Jerry

DR-Mechanical

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Thanks guys, I did find the Dieselmann site and read up on it. Then I quized the service writer about the broacast message listed and other TSBs on the dieselmann site. They finally admitted that the line fitting quick connect failed and they would replace the fitting and the pump under warranty. I just wish they worked a little faster (it is my work truck-I just about live in her) it been down 5 days today and it may not get put back to together till thursday.
If anyone has had a good experience with a dealer service department that they would recommend please let me know. Ive been to (2) here in Phoenix and always felt they were getting ready to stick it to me. all input would be appreciated.
Thanks all for the reashurance and info!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14