HID Conversion

Super 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know exactly what part numbers and what web site to go to to get the HID conversion kit. I want high beam HID's, low beam HID's, and fog light's. Thanks in advance.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to ebay and search for user name "HID King". That's who I got my lights from. Looks like your part numbers are "H13 (9008)" for headlights, and "9145" for fog lights. Just be sure and tell him that you want bi-xenon (hi & low beams), and I would recommend 6000k color - a very bright light with a hint of blue. Here's a website that you can find part numbers:

OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

Hope this helps. Good Luck - You'll LOVE the new lights!

Super 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the bi-xenon use the factory halogen "High Beams" and HID low beams? I remember reading this somewhere if I am not mistaken.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some HIDs that use halogen for hi-beams, but mine are true HID hi/low beams. These do not use two seperate filaments like conventional halogens, these use only a single electrical "arc". IIRC, the hi/low beam "effect" is achieved by the bulb being rocked up or down in its socket by an electrical signal to change the pitch of the beam (I think that's right - someone please correct me if I'm wrong). This is the kit that I ordered:

eBay Motors: Bixenon Conversion Kit Dual-Beams H/L 9008 (H13) 6000K (item 380033285982 end time Feb-25-09 18:04:31 PST)

This is a great kit- completely plug-n-play. Hardest part of my installation was finding a good place to mount the ballasts because the '08 engine bays seem to be much more crowded than previous years.

One piece of advice though (I speak from experience): if you buy this kit, it will include two relays (they're the 2"x2" black plastic boxes with wires hanging out one side). Be SURE to:
a) mount them up high so the wires are hanging down (this is to prevent water from running down the wires into the boxes)
b) silicone the seams of the plastic boxes and make them water-tight!

Mine weren't water-tight and ended up corroding and shorting out. I had to buy another harness, but all has been good since then (knock on wood!). ;tu

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4300k temp is basically bimmer mercedas white personally that blueish looks like a asian ricer dont want that look on my SD ! i got em high/low beam from O-nex HID'S yea ppl flash me on the road hahah but its the temp to go for its sweet

Last edited:

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Johnkid- I don't want that funky blue & purple look on my SD either! When I said mine have a blue-ish tint, I meant there is a slight blue-ish glow to the lights when standing outside and looking at the truck. While sitting in the truck, the headlights are MUCH whiter than any halogen! Most HID color charts recommend 6000K for the whitest and closest color to noon-time sunlight. Below 6000K is more on the yellow side (like normal halogen lights) and above 6000K is more blue in color. You can google "HID color temp chart" and check out some of the literature for yourself and make a decision. Just depends on what your personal favorite is- ANY HID is going to be better than halogen!

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my pix for bi-xenon. hidfoglight.com iirc
My only complaint is not enuf travel between low and high. Low is great and high is only wonderful...if it lifted a couple more degrees.... fantastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58