HID headlights?

amtx915

EP Powder Coating
Reaction score
Been looking at some hid kits on eBay but im not sure about the quality. Comes with the bulbs, ballast, etc. Anyone install a kit or know where else to get one?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Normally the Hid kits on ebay are junk although once in a while there is something decent offered. I personally would stay away from the kits on ebay unless someone really recommends them. 99% are cheap gimmicks.

Some guys have had good luck with hidfoglight.com. I have a set of there 9" truck-lights and the quality is OK. For the price($129)you cannot beat them. I have heard good reports on there Hid headlight kits too although I have not personally tried them. They sell 3000K through 16000K but be sure and go with the 6000K as the other are just for bling. They have a write-up on there web site as to why the cool looking blue 12000K bulbs are not as good.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I have some Cheappy ones, that I got off of Amazon.com, I have had no problems with them, and have had them over a year. They just don't have any highbeams, but they are much brighter than my stock highbeams were.

If you get some, I would recomend to look for a good set, with the high beams, as most of the cheaper ones are low beam only. I get people flashing there highs at me all the time as bright as mine are, and I have nothing to flash back:( to show them that I don't have my High's on.

Definantley go with 5k or 6k, you won't be dissapointed.:thumbs

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HID hi/lows

I bought the HID kit from hidfoglights.com. They have a weird magnetic device to give you both high and low beams ("BI-XENON"). Kit includes the bulbs, a relay and control block, sufficient wiring for a plug and play sort of replacement, and seems to be good quality. They really light the road up! Nice white light, not the blue light.

Issues during install:
1. Lord help me, getting into the backside of our headlight assy's requires some taxes paid to the skin Gods. Free advice, don't bother with removing the headlights even if it seems the only way to do this. It just aint worth the hassle. Spend the time and press the bulb into the headlight assembly without removing the headlight. Take out your batteries, make some room for your fingers.

2. The press fit of the new bulb into the headlight assy had me really sweating. It was not easy and it was hard to believe it actually fit. I cannot recall, but the outside wire for the electromagnet is either at 12 or at 6 o'clock. I can check if you ask. I actually called tech support and they helped convince me to "just press it in there"

3. They were wired backwards and tech support had to tell me which two wires to reverse on the relay circuit. Not hard, just another phone call!

4. There doesn't seem to be as much range (vertical angle) between high and low...Low is bright, High is brighter. I get a flash from oncoming traffic about 1 in 50 or so when on Low.

Conclusion:
It turned into a bigger (well, it took longer, much longer) job than I'd wanted, but I am completely satisfied. They are much better at picking up critters on the roadside and just generally giving my aging eyes an assist.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 50W HID from HIDfoglight.com in my X. They are 6000k in color (pure white).

They are about a year old so they are HID low beam, Halogen highbeam. The BiXenon was not available when I bought these.

In a nutshell, they are awesome. They illuminate so much more of the road. When you switch to high beams it illuminates far but not nearly as good as the low beam HID.

I do get the rare headlight flashing from other cars but I got that too with my stock headlights. The headlights are so high off the ground you will blind almost anyone in a car no matter what bulb you have. Thats why the new F250 & F350s have the headlights on the bottom and flashers on the top.

It is the best money I ever spent on my truck and quite honestly, Ford should have installed HID's in $50k trucks as standard.

Install was a little difficult. I removed the entire headlight housing. It's held in with 4 little metric screws. The whole headlight assembly pops out. Just switch bulbs and reinstall. I also installed LED turn signal bulbs at the same time. They are brighter than the stock bulbs also.

Wiring directions are not the best but if you have installed a relay before for fog lights or something else, this is real easy.

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
I have purchased 5 sets from HIDKING. I have them in the beetle,my bike, a dodge,a JK and just ordered a Bi-Xenon 9008 set. All have worked great and they are only $150.00 shipped for the B-X and 100 for the STD.All of the kits where plug and play I just had to find a mounting point for the ballasts.

Here is the link to his ebay store.

Clicky

I figured a set of PIaa bulbs cost me 75 bucks, what another 25 for HID's. Go with the 6000k for the brightest set.

I have been very happy with them and his feed back is pretty good. I can't reccommed him 100% but pretty damn close.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yea, I will be buying some soon for sure.

The 97 will get the Bi-X 6000K and the 300C will get 8000K 9006 Lows and 9005 8000K fog lights.

Going to be SWEEET! :D

san-man

BAD FKR
Reaction score
I am a little curious on to which ones to get as far as bulb housing. I went to another site and they asked me when my truck was a sealed beam or something else I do not remember.

I have a 05 F350 SD, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carlos

san-man

BAD FKR
Reaction score
I feel stupid, I figure it out now that I had a chance to think about my question.

However, I do want to know what type of bulb? 900?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58