HID Light are in my X!

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the 50W HID lights in my 05X over the Xmas break. I got them from http://www.hidfoglight.com

It was fairly easy and the hardest part is removing the headlight assembly from the truck. They are held in by four hex screws.

The new H13 xenon low beam / halogen high beam bulbs screw right into the headlights without modifications.

I did have to cut the stock H13 bulb connector to power the halogen high beams and use the low beam wire to turn on a new 40AMP relay which powers two starter/ballast boxes. I soldered and shrink wrapped all connections for a good weathertight connection.

I used zip strips to hold the wires in a neat and orderly manner.

The HID's are a HUGE improvement over the stock H13 bulbs. The light is so pure white and very bright. I didn't have to adjust my headlights as they were lighting up the same area when I had the stock halogens in.

Ford should have made this an option for a $50k SUV!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The new H13 xenon low beam / halogen high beam bulbs screw right into the headlights without modifications.

So these are a hid low beam / standard halogen high beam? If the high beam burns out do you have to replace the hid part? One great advantage of hid light is that they last forever unlike standard halogens..

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the halogen high beam burns out you remove the set screw that holds the halogen bulb part in and replace it.

I bought a spare bulb in case either the HID or halogen broke. I will be able to replace immediately and then repair the broken one (at least the halogen part) and keep that as the spare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14