i dont know how these things are made so my "offerings" are
limited at best.

i know on my motorcycles where ive retro-fitted HID systems
the bulb has a RING around the base that could be turned to
FIT the key'd bulb holder (H4)

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: no further response from HID. Been gone overseas and just back, left it was 85 F and return to 19F. So much for spring, horses were running in snow yesterday at the track! This will wait until it warms back up, heck it was a christmas present...

Silk350, you tried turning it...but did you actually pull it back out and then try putting it in with the white external wire at 12o'clock instead of 6 o'clock?

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Fixed the problem, finally

The bi-xenon HID kit came wired backwards, that is why I got reversed function of high and low beam lights.

Simple fix: find the D-shaped blue connector that ties into one of the original bulb bases. Looking down with flat side up, the 3 wires running out the back were left to right: Blue, White, Orange. When switching to high beam, the HID bulb jumped in, not out. That is the indication it's backwards.

To reverse, use a small/tiny screwdriver or paper clip and push out the Orange and White pins, then push them back in opposite order (Blue, Orange, White from top view, with flat side of connector up).

A simple way to remember how it *should* work, that occurred to me:
The bulb should move in the same direction that you push/pull the headlight lever: pull it in and the bulb should move to the rear, push it forward and the bulb should do the same.:sweet

Now, if I can figure out a good way to aim these. Also, I've lost "high beams and fog lights" function, that was cool. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58