Question Hidden strobe lights questions

notsombody

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I bought a hidaway strobe light kit, but now I'm getting nervous about drilling through the expensive head/tail light assembly's. Has anybody had any positive or negative experiences when drilling these out?

If I chicken out, anybody know of any housings I can mount the strobes in?

Thanks.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not understanding what these are to be used for. Could you provide a website or explain?

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I bought a hidaway strobe light kit, but now I'm getting nervous about drilling through the expensive head/tail light assembly's. Has anybody had any positive or negative experiences when drilling these out?

If I chicken out, anybody know of any housings I can mount the strobes in?

Thanks.

Drink a liquid courage enhancement of your choice ;). Make your drill site marks on masking tape (helps prevent chipping), drill a 1/8" pilot hole, then use a [step drill bit] to get to the needed diameter, go slow.. dun deal.

Never have used any aux housings :dunno

Joe

dpantazis

Reaction score
they are exactly what they sound like- hidden strobes that get installed in the existing light housings.

i think that the user architect-builder has them on his truck.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not understanding what these are to be used for. Could you provide a website or explain?

Dave :)

they are exactly what they sound like- hidden strobes that get installed in the existing light housings.

i think that the user architect-builder has them on his truck.

Dave..

Like dp sez.. and like the NASCAR Pace Car lighting ? And almost all emergency vehicles have nowadayz ?

KeystoneFlyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
... but be careful, in some states, such as PA, the DMV laws prohibit adding additional lighting (sirens, whistles, etc) except for "authorized" vehicles and emergency/police vehicles. I think they can be cool and could help with visibility when broke down on the side of the road, but I'd consult your state DMV laws first... you don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention...

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
So long as the strobes aren't red or blue, you're good to go in Florida. Most construction Super Duty trucks have the hidden strobes around here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim