HID's in my X

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received the 50W HID kit over the weekend to replace the stock bulbs.

I was reading the directions and they want you to use a 23mm hole saw to drill out the old bulb fitting and install the new HID light. Where do you buy a 23mm hole saw? 23 mm is 0.905511811 inches so will a 1 inch hole saw work or is it to big? This is kinda scary since X head lights are crazy expensive.

Also, does the halogen high beam need to be facing the top or bottom when you install it?

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score

I was reading the directions and they want you to use a 23mm hole saw to drill out the old bulb fitting and install the new HID light. Where do you buy a 23mm hole saw? 23 mm is 0.905511811 inches so will a 1 inch hole saw work or is it to big? This is kinda scary since X head lights are crazy expensive.

Also, does the halogen high beam need to be facing the top or bottom when you install it?

eeek,

So these aren't plug and play? :eek:

Ya will normally find that size in like a 6pc MM hole saw set or something like that.

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

NASCAR Mike,

I got mine in today too, installing it about 5 minutes not sure why you would need an extra hole. The only one I needed to drill for was my bmw had high/low option which came with an extra screw that I needed to knock out a space for. I would say test the bulb first before you drill any holes. It should be wax-off, wax-on.

Ender

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
Not why u would have to drill a new hole for..usually u won't need to.. From al the kits I have installed the bulb is usually the same for you replacement. I would carefully look again before I would make a hole..if not I would recomment u ordering a plug and play unit.

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
As long as you bought a 9008/H13 kit, the bulb should slip right in to where your halogen used to go.

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mike has a 2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 Turbo Diesel

They take 9008 bulbs.

Damn you're fast, I just realized I looked at the wrong sig. Sorry about that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14