High EGT

dieselman44641

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put and edge juice with attitude in my o1 powerstroke can't keep egt's down on 4 and five settings have 3.5" downpipe with five inch after that also have k&n air filter biggest one i could get. Does anyone have any suggestions

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of egts are you getting? doesnt the edge have internal settings to where you can adjust the fueling and all of its settings to lower the egts?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Tell us how high high really is. You should be safe at anything under 1350° for long hard pulls. EGT's might go higher than 1350° until you spool up good and are making sufficient boost. If you are making 25+ lbs of boost and are still above comfortable numbers then you need to look into a turbo upgrade.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I thought that 1250 was max, or is this for the first gen 7.3? If not does that mean that I'm ok at 1200-1250 pullin on a long grade in my 97?:dunno

Max is what you are comfortable with, I know guys who will run her up to 1600+ on short bursts. Ive known guys who have pulled hard (trailer in tow) at 1400 all day long. Would I do it to mine? Dunno, its that comfortability factor you have to learn to live with. 1250 is a very safe number and is usually the one that everybody states as the limit.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max is what you are comfortable with, I know guys who will run her up to 1600+ on short bursts. Ive known guys who have pulled hard (trailer in tow) at 1400 all day long. Would I do it to mine? Dunno, its that comfortability factor you have to learn to live with. 1250 is a very safe number and is usually the one that everybody states as the limit.
'

1250 is what International says is the sustained pre-turbo MAX. You can tow all day at 1250 and not hurt anything other then your pocket book from fuel milage.

To the OP, Check out the Tymar filter out, or an AFE stage 2. Your down pipe is fine, it will not effect your EGT's much at all going from a 4" to a 3.5". H2e kits designed to push stage 2-3 injectors come with a 3.5 down pipe.

Give us a bit more info on your set up. What are your Max EGT's? Where is your Pyro probe? What is your set up? Towing? Single cab? dually exc exc exc...

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yeah i've always heard 1250 is save and anything over that for an extended period of time can hurt.... I have ran mine up to 1400 a couple times when i floor the go pedal.. I get out of it as soon as I see that...

like previously stated... what's your egt's gettin up to?

most of the 7.3L guys on here would discourage the K&N air filter....

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you running for EGT's Joe?

Crusing around the max I use is 1250, Passing and such I have pegged the 1600 a time or two, sled pulls, and such... With the H2e I have yet to see over 1400 in the race setting and hybrids now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14