High engine oil temp and coolant temps

dmcvey_1999

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys just getting back on. The truck made it fine down to Charleston. Going down the highway at 75 miles an hour the truck reached 205 engine oil temps with 68 degree ambient temperature. The truck is following ambient temperature. When I was in an area with 62 degree temps the engine oil temp was 200. These are the temps with my EGR disconnected. The engine coolant was running 195 with 200 degree engine oil temps and 200 with 205 degree engine oil temps. I checked the coolant level everytime I stopped and no loss of coolant or white residue from puking out the cap. I know 205 doesn't seem to bad but at 78 degrees on the highway she runs 212 engine oil temp. This is without a load. I ran in Alabama last summer with 10,000 lbs behind me and never got over 195 in 100 degree heat. Something is amiss. I did run the engine block tester test and no exhaust gases indicated in my coolant. At this point I don't think it is a head gasket. I did spray the radiator down with water using a garden hose. I am going to take a pressure washer to the front of the grill today and see if this clears my problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58