High fuel pressure

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Has anybody actually tested the impact of running the lift pump pressure up to 95psi or more. I have run mine up there for the butt dyno. The pump will stall at 130psi. I set mine like every body else at 75psi but there is a huge difference between75 psi and 100psi. I liked mine at 100psi but didn't want to test the water without some imput. Gillette diesel sells a performance spring that makes 95psi. Any thought's?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have heard that anything over 80 will cause premature pump failure but I guess I have not really heard of anyone running it up over 80 for any length of time to see just what happens. Go ahead and test the water just don't forget to report back on how it is doing..

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I have also heard that the pot metal fuel bowl will crack from that much pressure:dunno

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
kiarasue said:
Has anybody actually tested the impact of running the lift pump pressure up to 95psi or more. I have run mine up there for the butt dyno. The pump will stall at 130psi. I set mine like every body else at 75psi but there is a huge difference between75 psi and 100psi. I liked mine at 100psi but didn't want to test the water without some imput. Gillette diesel sells a performance spring that makes 95psi. Any thought's?
A guy made the mistake one time of using a .177 BB round as a shim on his fuel reg mod, and it ran his pressure up to 100psi. He said he loved the way the truck ran at 100psi until the seals at the fuel bowl started leaking.

Anyway, food for thought.

100 psi is max output for our lift pump. Running naything at max output will certainly reduce it's operating life. By how much :dunno

Let us know what you find out...

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that anything over 75psi will cause problems, such as fuel leaking past the injector o-rings, as well as pump failure and possible fuel bowl leaks. Although to be honest, I've never seen it in person, but then, i dont know many ppl who ran over 75psi for any length of time.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I said it once,I've said it many times,no go past International's spec to save headaches and $$$:D

Probably fun for dyno testing but on the long term I wouldn't do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14