Question High Idle Kit

06F250Diesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can put a high idle on my '06?
If so should I by a kit or can I do it myself? any suggestions?

sorry it's been awhile since I've been on here, guys:dunno

Last edited:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yeah definitely don't buy one... read carefully and its a simple little mod.. specially if you have the aux switches already.. just use aux 4

06F250Diesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys
I got to thinking after I posted that my truck kicks in to a higher idle when I start it to warm it up in the winter months. Will this mod affect that?
Also I saw a tv show were they did this mod to a chevy and hooked it to the parking brake and used the cruse control to start the high idle, and it shuts off using the brake peddle. Any thoughts on that?

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Yeah...I just did this to my truck last weekend. It is very easy and I am going to love it this winter!!!!!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Thanks, guys
I got to thinking after I posted that my truck kicks in to a higher idle when I start it to warm it up in the winter months. Will this mod affect that?
Also I saw a tv show were they did this mod to a chevy and hooked it to the parking brake and used the cruse control to start the high idle, and it shuts off using the brake peddle. Any thoughts on that?

if you use aux switch 4 the parking brake has to be engaged for it to work.... and no it won't affect whether or not the truck will do it on its own (if you don't flip the switch)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i did this same mod, although i added a solenoid/relay to be sure not to have any issues. hit the brake and it shuts off, back in park or not touching pedal it kicks back in....factory idle is lower than what this cranks to (1200) so it is a non issue...

Longcut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Awesome Mod! I will be doing it this weekend!

Whats up with 6.0's and the broken Dipstick?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
red 6 0-no... I liked having my own switch (on my 03) better than the factory aux switches because I didn't have to have the parking break engaged to get it to work unlike the aux switches...

Longcut.. i have no clue.. I saw another one sitting on the service desk at ford the other day... I had to replace one on my 03.. my dads 04.. my unlces 04... i think its a common problem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58