Question High idle mod concern

dieselfoot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I done the high idle mod on my 2006 F350. Is there any concern with the tourqe coverter locking up with this mod? Does it make the trany warm up any faster? Thanks for any response.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The High Idle mod has nothing to do with the Torque Converter. It is not used during driving, only in neutral or Park and idling. It may have some effect on the tranny, but I have not noticed it. My tranny warms up fast enough when I drive away.

Dave

BIGMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High Idle

Hi, some what new to this I have read about the high idle and the uplift swicthes what do you need to do to get this and is it easy, Thank you

dieselfoot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
High Idle Mod

Hey Big Mike, The high idle mod is way easy. If you have the upfitter switches already in the truck it's even easier. Youill find the hot wire wires for the switches above the fuse box under the steering wheel. remove the 4 bolts holding the fuse box and lower it down, you will find the 4 wires for the switches. you will also find a bundle of end cut wires, they will be in a seperate bundle from the switch wires. On my 2006 i had to use the solid orange wire from this bundle and just hook it to wich ever upfitter switch you want to use. put truck in park, set e brake and flip switch on .The truck will slowly rise to 1200rpm. Do a search on this site and you will find some pics and more info on this for other years.

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I used the BCPSW input.

On my 2008 F-350, I used the BCPSW input for the high idle. I did not want to use the PTO input, as it will lock up the torque converter. I was not sure of the outcome of this. You have to set the parking brake to get it to idle up. Works great! Jeffro;tu

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If all you are using this for is High Idle and NOT with the PTO, locking the torque converter is a non-issue as no power goes through the tranny. If you are using the PTO, then it is a consideration. I use mine for warm-up only and I used the PTO wire. I don't have to set the parking brake on my 2004 F-350. None of this should prevent you from doing this mod.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl