High Idle mod?

CCSBD

Diesel Power
Reaction score
I see people with this in there sig and was wondering what this is for? Is it so there is less turbo lag? better for trucks that pull?

Also I think I am going to go with the sct tuner in the future but does the x3 come with pre loaded tunes like the livewire or does it come empty and you have to put 3 tunes on it?

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High idle is mostly for quicker warm-up and to keep the gases moving through the turbo to try to help keep from sticking up the vanes in the turbocharger. I also use it to help cool my truck down a little faster before shutting it down.

It will not do anything to help with lag...the tuner will help with that.

I can't help you on the second question. I bought my SCT used and then bought tunes.

CCSBD

Diesel Power
Reaction score
Cool I think I will look into this since it doesnt really cost anything:D and I can always use a quicker warmup in the mornings when it is cold!

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 04 you can add the AIC (Auxillary Idle Control). It is a plug-n-play option. It cost about $180 if you ordered it with the truck. You might be albe to find one for sale. Keith

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I loved my high idle on my 03' I used it much more than I thought I would. Now that I have a livewire I just raised my idle speed a little so now I have a happy medium. I think I have it set on like 800 something. But the high idle is an easy upgrade.

CCSBD

Diesel Power
Reaction score
Does anyone have any input on the x3? If it comes with pretunes or not and can you only have a max of 3 on there at a time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58