high idle

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if there is a way to do a high idle without a tuner. i vagely remember seeing a little black control box from ford that i thought to believe was for idle control. i have seen them under the drivers seat. any help, i need a high idle for this winter. thanks

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's the factory Auxilliary Idle Control that just plugs in to its own connector. They usually run $100 or so on ebay (its been awhile since I've looked, though). You can also get a high idle position on a custom multi-position chip. You can also build your own "$12 DIY AIC" as many folks have. If you would like send me an email or send me your email address and I'll send you the diagram and writeup for what I use. It'll cost a little more that $12 (maybe $20?). Cheers!

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i looked on ebay and they said those fit the e-series or other 7.3's with the pto option...how do i know if i have the pto option? rpo code? is it hard to do the diy high idle since i'm not electrically inclined.

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of DIY directions out there to do it, I did it so anyone can :D Patrick is the man to talk to though, I have a few pics in my truck webshots of a few components, just set it up in your garage and throw it into your truck :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14