high pressure oil crossover hose?

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact components to this? Fittings? Adapters? Hose Size? Hose PSI? Hose Length? I work at a hydraulic hose shop and have pretty much everything at my disposal for cheap.

clux

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The fittings into the head are 1/2" straight threads (o-ring boss). It's only about 12" between the head fittings across the engine valley IIRC. Mine's 1/4" hard line but I think most of the flexible lines are 3/8". I would think you could make one with the o-ring boss, probably want a 45* swivel fittings on either end and about 18-20" of hose. PSI rating needs to be 6000+.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
I guess it equalizes the oil pressure to passenger side injectors since the PCM only reads the dr. side pressure, and can quiet and smooth the motor out a bit. Maybe better throttle response. I don't know if you would feel it in your seat dyno or not.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
I showed a pic of the hose to my boss and our best guess on the fittings was they were 3/8" 45deg FJIC elbow with 3/8" FJIC to FN adapter We just don't know the length or the psi of the hose.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I wrote Dale at Tymar and asked about the hpx for the OBS and here is his response (it is probably similar to the NBS 7.3) -

"The main issue with the HX mod is the hose. Some kits are using hoses under rated in temperature, pressure, or undersized for the flow needed. A proper hose will have a pressure rating over 3500 psi operating, a temperature over 330°, and be at least –06 in size. The hose supplied with this kit is rated 4000 psi operating pressure, 400° temperature, and is –06 in size and couplers. You can take a peek at the WebShots page for pics:

http://community.webshots.com/user/psdpics

The 94-97 trucks need to relocate the driver side supply line #6 plug to the #4 plug like the 99+ trucks, but it is actually a good thing because you can use a straight fitting instead of the 90° fitting that is used in the stock configuration which should flow better. Prices for the 94-97 trucks reflect the needed extra fitting.

Kits comes with everything you need. (2) #5 boss 0-ring to #6 JIC oil rail fittings (3 fittings for the 94-97 crowd), (2) 45° JIC fittings, and the hose. The "under the turbo" hose is ~9". I can custom cut any length hose you need or sell the fittings separately if you are doing a custom install. Install sheets will be included. My price is $33.27 plus shipping."

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
Made my own hose today and installed it. Noticed a little bit of a difference.
All the fittings and hose I used are Parker. I used BXX04 hose (5000 psi), 04-06FJ90T fittings, 06FJ-05RA adapter. The overall length is about 12 in. You can use 04-04FJ90T fitting if you have a 04FJ-05RA adapter.

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
HXP

I used -4 lines, yes two. They wrap around to the front by the fuel filter and hook in a tee fitting. I use the extra port for a gauge or my extra high pressure pump.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58