High Pressure Oil Readings

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I installed a HPOP gauge to do some troubleshooting.

At very light throttle(3rd gear @ 30mph) I get a surging sometimes almost bucking. Been told to check the IPR. Well during the explained situation, the HPOP is dropping and rising about 400-500psi. Also at cruising speed on the highway there is about a 200-300psi fluctuation. When I have a cold start in my Tow program, the truck romps pretty hard a few times. The gauge is spiking to close to 3000psi and dropping off to almost nothing. Doesn't do it in the other programs. :dunno

This sounds like the IPR sticking right? I have the rebulild kit but don't want to fix what isn't broken.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
I installed a HPOP gauge to do some troubleshooting.

At very light throttle(3rd gear @ 30mph) I get a surging sometimes almost bucking. Been told to check the IPR. Well during the explained situation, the HPOP is dropping and rising about 400-500psi. Also at cruising speed on the highway there is about a 200-300psi fluctuation. When I have a cold start in my Tow program, the truck romps pretty hard a few times. The gauge is spiking to close to 3000psi and dropping off to almost nothing. Doesn't do it in the other programs. :dunno

This sounds like the IPR sticking right? I have the rebulild kit but don't want to fix what isn't broken.
I think you are correct. I have monitored and recorded my HPOP in all different situations and there is fluctuation because of increased or decreased fuel demands but at a steady demand it stays fairly constant. Idle pressure is about 550-600 psi and I have seen as much as 3200psi under full throttle. This was without a chip or programmer.
Jim

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
JimmyDee said:
I have monitored and recorded my HPOP in all different situations...

I wish I had EASE or Autoenginuity. :( Good thing we've got some lonely roads around here, watching the gauge on the cowl wasn't that easy. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim