hillbillyfied cab removal

TNRZ4BRKFST

2003 6.0 lariat
Reaction score
i need suggestions on how to remove the cab off my 03 4dr lariat auto 6.0...i know where all the bolts are, just need suggestion on how to diy with out a nice garage and lift...don't need it completely off, just lifted about a foot or two!! thanks in advance!!!:dunno...:notworthy...:hail

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Not sure I would try this trick at home but........

Find something that can support the weight of the cab, I dont know if two 4x4 fence posts will do it but perhaps a 2" iron channel would. Span the cab in the front and the rear with the post or channel, now take the same material and span each end. Take a bottle jack on each side in the middle of the span (or if not stable enough, get 4 bottle jacks) block it up right under the beam and jack away. Be darn certain to block the cab up if you are sticking any appendages between the frame and the cab.

Like I said folks, dont try this at home.

TNRZ4BRKFST

2003 6.0 lariat
Reaction score
well i'm trying to install a quadzilla programmer, but for my year the icp sensor is right next to the turbo, and the instructions say u can just reach up from underneath and remove the three bolts from the heat sheild and get to it, but it is physically impossible to get to from underneath and from up top, i've removed everything i could from up top, and as far as i can see the only way it's going to happen is to either drop the tranny which i'd rather not, or lift the cab up about a foot maybe two....i actually do have acess to two forklifts, but i might get fired if i do that!!!!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
instead of lifting the cab.........would it be more feasable to lift the truck, block the cab with 4x4 type lumber or something else substansial......and then LOWER the truck away from the cab???

2 forklifts would kick butt!

whatever you do, dont cut corners on the safety department. my cousin has a nice new truck with a smashed pass. rocker panel because of his haste.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya