hit the dyno this weekend.. confused..

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i stuck my truck on the rollers saturday and came up with 204 hp and 369 lb ft. whats up with that?!?!?! i got the edge cranked up to extreme(i no edge sucks but dp-tuner coming soon with my stage 1's), 10k mod, 120v idm,the diy intake, and exhaust. whats with the low #'s? these things are 215 stock at the flywheel so i was expecting at least like 240hp, but 204?!?!?!?!

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
well, 215 at the flywheel means about 172 to the wheels -- so thats where you ahve to start from..

plus, i've found that its hard to get consistant dyno numbers for diesels -- I've seen one truck on two different dyno's read 270 and 340...

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Like he said, with stock injectors you have good numbers, stock squirters aint good for much, get your stage 1's and you'll be grinning all the way to the rollers and back. Why not go ahead and get the ones? even with the edge you'll be happy, I still got my scmt and the 1s are an amazing increase over stock....

Last edited:

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i don't remember now what type of dyno it was but it was for like vipers and stuff like that. he said there is a heavy duty version of the same dyno we were using that is for trucks... i ran my truck 3 times. twice in 5th gear and once in 4th. i got the most hp running it in 5th gear and the most torque in 4th gear. stage 1's will be going in hopefully in next weekend. they have just been sittin' in the cabinet for the past month and a half, waitin to go make some black smoke. so we are losing that much power in the drivetrain of these trucks that 215hp would be like 170hp at the wheels? i figured i would lose less power than that cuz of the standard tranny, but i'm still learnin' this stuff so i'm probably wrong. thanks guys

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
So we are losing that much power in the drivetrain of these trucks that 215hp would be like 170hp at the wheels?

For trucks I have heard 35hp for a 2wd and 45hp for a 4x4. Automatic will also loose another 10-15 hp.

Some guys try and figure it by a percent but I don't think that is the way to do it. For example take a truck with 500 hp and figure 15% loss would be 75 hp but take the same truck stock with only 215 hp and 15% would be 32 hp - That doesn't make sense to me so I go with the 35/45 loss.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
ok so 35 would put my truck right on track.. so the edge, intake, exhaust, 10k mod and all that stuff only added like 30 horsepower?! wow, i need a dp-tuner and my stage 1's!! another week and a half and hopefully i will be pegging out my 30 psi boost gauge!! LoL

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
my exhaust and TS chip added a lot. Haven't been on the dyno, but it sure helped it out. Way more than 40 HP. What's the highest setting on the edge?

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
ok so 35 would put my truck right on track.. so the edge, intake, exhaust, 10k mod and all that stuff only added like 30 horsepower?! wow, i need a dp-tuner and my stage 1's!! another week and a half and hopefully i will be pegging out my 30 psi boost gauge!! LoL

I can make 30 at will with my 1s and a super chips microtuner, most I've made with a load is 36, just don't make a habit of it, I know the turbo don't like it.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For trucks I have heard 35hp for a 2wd and 45hp for a 4x4. Automatic will also loose another 10-15 hp.

Some guys try and figure it by a percent but I don't think that is the way to do it. For example take a truck with 500 hp and figure 15% loss would be 75 hp but take the same truck stock with only 215 hp and 15% would be 32 hp - That doesn't make sense to me so I go with the 35/45 loss.

Do you think a stock drive train will last as long with 500 hp going thru it as the stock 215 hp? No why cause theres more stress applied to the parts more stress will result in more friction causeing a bigger HP loss

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58