Holy Crap What Happened?

denny lindsay

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2005 SD CC 6.0 100,145 miles and 2 weeks out of warranty....

Heading down the highway at 65 mph Truck "Bucked" twice and lost Turbo whine.

Still had Turbo PSI and would vary with throttle position but noticeable lack of throttle response when faced with a hill.

Remote area so continued 40 miles into Dealership. Shut off truck spoke with service adviser who spoke with his "tech" (that wouldn't even leave his workbench -had a magazine in his hands, not a Tie-rod or anything work related) came back out to the truck and started it connected SCT tuner to read DTC's NONE! truck sounds fine and ran fine for the rest of the weekend, up and down a mtn. in 4WD and back home 200 miles.

Nothing appears to be wrong but it felt like i shut off the engine and back on twice as fast as possible, or the tranny slipped and grabbed, slip and grabbed in that amount of time.

What could have happened and what do i do if anything?

:dunno

Denny

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Does the 2005 still use the CPS? Sounds like what happens when it starts to go out but it usually sets a code.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sct isn't the best code reader .. mine misses all kinds of stuff that my Edge insight will find

blood

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
could have been carbon letting loose in the intake or a little water in the fuel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg