Home built coolant filter

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The filter head was from Napa. It is the same p/n as the aluminum one that most kits have...not sure why this one was steel, but it works fine regardless. I did shoot it with some paint though, I just couldn't stand looking at the ugly green that it was when I got it. The filters are also from Napa.

The brass fittings were from the Home Depot. The blue Aeroquip hose was "donated" from work.

The bracket I made. I basically copied the general idea of the bracket that comes with the kits...just made it to fit the filter head that I had.

156365.jpg

156364.jpg

156367.jpg

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
156366.jpg

156368.jpg

All in all, it turned out nice. I'm happy with the way it works...I'll be even more happy when I cut the first filter open and see the junk that it pulls out of the system. I've got ALOT less in it than the kits sell for...and it looks just as nice I think.

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...Total cost was about $65...plus a few hours of part gophering and making the bracket.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice work !

worst thing i can say about the one im using is the friggin' bracket...

yours looks like a VAST improvement over the one im using.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a 7.3 guy but I am interested in putting a filter on mine and would like to know what part number the filter and base is. I'm about to install the prepump fuel filter and have a lot less in it than you can buy a kit for! If you could PM me the part numbers for the filter I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sure I'll probably need different fittings than you have but not real sure. Any info will help! Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14