Home Foreclosures

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Step daughter got divorced. Husband signed the house over to her and she refinanced by herself. We signed nothing.

Get a lady ringing my doorbell at 8am this morning. They have sent out foreclosure notices to my step daughter. My wife's name is only on it because she has first refusal on the property if they sold it.

Anyway, come to find out she missed 4 payments, now shes trying to make payments and they wont let her. She has 30k in a 401 at work she can cash out but Fifth Third will not let her make any payments. Single mom too.

I'm just a good ole boy and have no experience at this. What if anything can she/we do?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Something is not being completely told here NevrKnow. The banks don't want or need more foreclosures. They are trying to get rid of the stock of foreclosures they have. I am sure they would be happy to take the $$$ and run. If not, she needs to get an attorney to help her with this. Dealing with the Banks is difficult at best. Don't wait.

Dave

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I am. Like I said I only found out about this at 8am. Left my ATTY a message. He's at church ( where I should be now). Heading over to her house now to find out what ALL the problems are/were and get some damm answers from her. I thought it was weird to that this was happening after 4 missed payments. But being as I have never ( thank God) been in this situation I figured I would jump on the ball and start asking around.

I just can't see her showing up with a check in hand and they say no we want to foreclose. Something JDLR.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Yeah, something is not right. I've never heard of any bank/mortgage refusing anybody wanting to give them money. You're either not being told the whole story, or the information you are being told is not 100% "factual".

Why the heck was the gal ringing your doorbell?

Last edited:

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just re-read this thing for the 6th time. Only thing I see is it has my wife and her deceased husbands name on it too. Scared me at first but then it says in the paperwork she has an interest in the property because of first refusal rights if her daughter was to ever sell it.

More i think about this the madder I get. Her brother lives beside her and we still own all the property on the corner.

It's in the county so I can do what I want with it. I could always drive the value down if they don't want to play ball with me. I'll put a gd trailer park on my property! And start a junkyard next door to that!

I do this kind of work. I could get septic tanks and power ran in a week. Get me 16 Jose's to move in by auction time.

Let's see what happens.

(on edit) That would mean she would have to move in with us. Well, she does like living closer to town.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
have the step-daughter give you the money
buy it
turn around and sell it back to her on a land contract

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul Harvey impression:

So here we go. "She says" the bank said they would take $8000 to get her back on track with the mortgage. She has that in a 401 at work. WHEW. That problem is solved. Now she also has a $4000 CC to pay off. ( Accts closed this is just a payoff) Another WHEW. I told her to get enough to cover it all in case the CC company finds out about this and cites universal default and goes after her on that too.

Good thing is she has it covered so she doesn't need "dads" money. Sad thing is she didn't want to tell me because she was ashamed.

I have never done anything to make these kids feel ashamed of anything. She tells me that's why. Didn't want to look bad in front of me. I said WTH!

Anyway, long dad/daughter talk insued about the whole "nobody has ALL the answers" . She follows up with "you seem to have all the answers". I said no I don't, I'm just not afraid to ask people that know more than me when I'm stumped. Funny thing is she used my truck as an example. "You just jump right in there and start turning wrenches. "( Knowing I'm not an expert mechanic ) And I answered yes, AFTER I read and ASK FOR HELP if I need it.

Kinda hurt my heart her not wanting to ask me, BUT she also didn't want to look bad in front of me. Made her feel better when I said you only look bad when you don't try.

Sorry for the rambling. Like I said first time I've been thru this and people serving papers at 8am on Sunday kinda freaked me out.

And thanks for the replies my friends.

Last edited:

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
If she is having problems with any bills she needs to be straight up with them. Let them know the situation and what her recovery plan is. Banks and creditors want their money. Some is better than none. Good luck.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yer a Good Man.. And a Good (Step) Dad..

Glad things got cleared up for you.. and your Daughter.

Funny how those Dad~Daughter talkes can smooth things out :sweet

Joe

Mine are 39 & 40.. we still have'm.. now & a'gin.

On Edit ? I was raised by a Step-Dad. He was, and still is, ALL he never.. Had to be.. Sounds like you are ALL you've Needed to be.. for Her Too.

Kudo's NevrKnow.. Kudo's.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58