Home made Bio-Diesel in California

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
Why doesn't this surprise me!! TAX

A little over 6 more years of this crazy place then: :burnit :burnit :burnit I won't be able to leave fast enough

Last edited:

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Looks like a bunch of BS to me. Pretty soon everyone in Cali will be riding bikes, and still paying fuel taxes. (maybe they can measure the amount of sweat that people perspire, and consider that fuel. or pollution)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
N_P, Yes things are more expensive in California but I still love living here. Your link made me cringe. :eek: :D

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Yes, those bozos in California TRIED to get their mitts on a portion of my retirement pay before I converted it to disability compensation, which is non-taxable. All based upon my two years of duty at March Field, California. Illegal, but they tried anyway.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Ahhhhh.....

So they finally put something in writing. When I checked into it last year the best answer I got was "well, you're supposed to pay the road tax, but there are only forms for refineries to use". Thanks for the link. I suspect as usual there will be many who turn a blind eye to this.

No mention of WVO tax that I noticed:D

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
JOAT said:
Ahhhhh.....

So they finally put something in writing. When I checked into it last year the best answer I got was "well, you're supposed to pay the road tax, but there are only forms for refineries to use". Thanks for the link. I suspect as usual there will be many who turn a blind eye to this.

No mention of WVO tax that I noticed:D

Of course in order to legally pick up the used cooking oil from your local burger joint, you are supposed to have one of THESE

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
N_P said:
Of course in order to legally pick up the used cooking oil from your local burger joint, you are supposed to have one of THESE

Got one. Ugly orange sticker in my windshield....

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Steve at Cal BOE. Yes, they do consider vegetable oil as a diesel fuel and taxed accordingly.

Also, in order to file with them for the license, they require that you first file with the IRS, form 637. The number the IRS gives you is needed

When filling out the CA license app,
-section 1-1, check blender
-section 2-1, sole owner (unless a company)

They need a photocopy of your drivers license and social.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14