Homemade "Specailty" tool

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... I had a fuel fitting leak, on the pass side, rear of the fuel rail. Not a wrench in my collection would reach the fitting, much less, turn the #$%^ thing. So I made one:

Took an old offset (drop) 1/2, 9/16ths box end. Took a 3 cornered Jewelers file, slooowly filed away 1 flat of it at about the 2 o'clock position, so it would slip over the fuel line. That puppy fits right on the fitting, you can get about a third of a turn with each movement. Life is Good.

(I used the file so as not to destroy the temper)

Thought I'd pass it on :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Well.... I had a fuel fitting leak, on the pass side, rear of the fuel rail. Not a wrench in my collection would reach the fitting, much less, turn the #$%^ thing. So I made one:

Took an old offset (drop) 1/2, 9/16ths box end. Took a 3 cornered Jewelers file, slooowly filed away 1 flat of it at about the 2 o'clock position, so it would slip over the fuel line. That puppy fits right on the fitting, you can get about a third of a turn with each movement. Life is Good.

(I used the file so as not to destroy the temper)

Thought I'd pass it on :dunno

I have made some tools in the past, but nothing for a diesel yet.

Dave :thumbs

Ggg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Another special wrench(s) that I have made are a set of "shorty" wrenches. I took an old set of combination wrenches and cut them in half to make two sets of shorty wrenches, one open ends, and one box. The 11/16 size works real well to remove the upper starter bolt after it is broken loose. Yeah I know you can buy them now, but not back when I made my set years ago.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speakin of homemade....here is a picture of some kickplates that I made on my Ex. I used .032 2024 T-3 aluminium. If I had to do it over again, I would have used .020. it was a biznitch to bend...LOL!!

Polished them using 800 and wet sanded the heck outta them, then dropped to 1200 with chrome polish...I dont think they turned out too bad...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg