Honest Diesel Mechanic

Damn Dummy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is my first time posting, so be gentle. I have a 2000 F350 7.3 auto with 153k miles. I have had it 5 months and thanks to Superdutydiesel.com I have found some great info. Now I need an honest mechanic in the San Diego County area. I need someone who can do a once over and let me know what problems there are if any. If anyone knows someone like this please let me know. I would be willing to drive alittle for a quality mechanic.

dlonno

BeerHunter
Reaction score
I'm in San Diego but I don't know of any diesel mechanics. I do most of my work myself and if its beyond me I go to Ford. Sorry and good luck.
Dave

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly, in terms of finding what is WRONG with your truck, a ford dealer would probably work pretty well. whether or not they will charge you a decent price to fix said stuff is unlikely. I don't know if Ford dealers will do it, but a lot of BMW dealers I used back in my M3 days would do a "pre purchase" inspection for 80-120 dollars, basically cover every point of the car and scan the computers for stored codes, etc. It's worth asking a dealer about. I can't tell you if this would cover specifics to a diesel.

You can do a good once over yourself too. Fluids, brakes, tires, ujoints, balljoints, and bearings are all relatively simple physical checks. If you're not throwing codes, your computer is probably OK, and if its running well and not smoking/knocking/pinging/banging your engine is probably OK too. Don't force yourself into fixing something that isn't wrong.

Paul

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58