Help Needed HORRIBLE TRACTION , HANDLING HELP

xtremelimit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have a 08 f250 superduty 4x4 i was driving a few months ago in the snow it was only a couple of inches on the highway i was driving slow when the truck felt like someone stepped on the brakes hard three times then the truck started to kick sideways causing me to hit a telephone pole which ruined the side of my truck.. it was smoking like crazy right before it happened so i am thinking it was in regen mode after i got it back from the body shop two months later i was driving in the snow again and had to drive very slow it seems like it has very bad control even in the rain its horrible has anyone heard of this or is it just me thanks

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Were you in 4x4 or in 4x2? These trucks are very light in the rear end. I didn't start have traction issues in the rain until I installed my chip. How does the truck handle in dry conditions? I would make sure that all of the suspension components are tight. Sorry to answer you question with more questions.

BTW, Where in NY are you? I grew up in WNY.

Scott

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost sounds like you were in 2wd mode...and the rear diff locked after
it slipped/got side a little ways...either that or both of the front hubs werent locked

xtremelimit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey thanks but i was in 2wd driving slow i had my wife and 3 yr old daughter in the truck so it wasnt like i was flying around it just started snowing .. the truck handles fine in dry conditions but even in the rain it feels wierd even after i got it back from the body shop i put it in 4x4 in the snow and it kept feeling like it was gonna kick out now this isnt my first truck either i had alot of different ones i had the first 7.3 cab and half i had the 7.3 dually and some others and never had this problem i could take my 85 ford put it in 4x4 and fly done the highway in 4x4 this just doesnt seem right it really got me mad when i got passed by a suburban doing 40mph and here i am in a new 08 driving like a turtle i have to bring it to the dealer just wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem and sagebel i live on longisland suffolk county thanks for any help ;tu

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
hmmm....i want to say its something ABS related, but im not sure what system ford uses on the 08's. sounds like it could be the traction control system grabbing brakes for some reason. post up what you find at the dealer, this is an odd problem for sure.

xtremelimit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hmmm....i want to say its something ABS related, but im not sure what system ford uses on the 08's. sounds like it could be the traction control system grabbing brakes for some reason. post up what you find at the dealer, this is an odd problem for sure.

definetly the traction control light came on and thats when it did it i think if i didnt have traction control it wouldnt have happened

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
definetly the traction control light came on and thats when it did it i think if i didnt have traction control it wouldnt have happened

this is gonna sound dumb, but...
did you check the tire pressures?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Any pickup I anticipated on driving in the snow I'd throw about 500lb of sand in the bed,that really helped reduce rear axle kick out on snow/light ice covered roads.

The make/model tires used to drive on snow also makes a difference on the outcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58