Hot long start

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems as if my truck takes longer to start when warm than it does if it sits (not cold, but normal weather). Before orings it took 1.2 seconds (according to Advance Auto's scanner) and sometimes takes a tad longer (seems like forever when it's cranking. Also seems like it takes longer than other 7.3's I've witnessed.

I also notice when I put on a wildman chip that it only seems to make noise up top in the rpms and it seems to me there is less power than there should be. I noticed this before I replaced my injector o rings as well as after. Although, I did pick up some power and throttle response, I'd like to see if I can diagnose high as well as low oil pressure systems. I am seeing 29 psi before a SES, but I am not ruling out boost leak.
Thanks,
Jesse

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IPR o-rings are the notorious problem for hot start problems and if you're loosing power on the top end then that could also contribute.

Here are the part numbers from the OBS parts list (IPRs are the same on OBS & SD)
(Ford) F6TZ-9C977-AN (F6TZ-9C977-AA?)
(International) 1825806C92 (1825806C91?)

I know that the ones I put on my truck were 1825806C92 that was in 10/04 so the part number could have been replaced with a newer revision.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it only take one packet or will I need more than one? Should I R&R or replace while out? Or replace the solenoid?
New Page 0 is a link I found about removal and R&R.
Jesse

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry missed your next questions.

I have damaged one IPR trying to clean it out and follow the disassembly procedure that you linked to. The reseal kit you linked to is the same stuff I bought from International and that price seems right around what I paid for it once upon a time, though the dealer I was going to at the time gave me a discount when I walked in with the part number and said I'll take this.

You will only need one packet and I will suggest that if you do not have a socket deep enough you can get the job done with an offset wrench (I had a combination wrench and I don't remember which end I used to get the job done.

As far as replacing anything else I would not worry about it, the IPR alone is a very expensive part, so unless it is broken (extremely rare) then don't bother. I found an o-ring that looked like it had been chewed on by a mouse after being hit with sandpaper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58