Hot rear brakes?

Ezzie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been having smoking issues with the driver's side rear brakes on my '06 (about 94,000 km.) so dropped it off at the dealer this morning. Just got a call from the service writer and said it has a sticky actuator (whatever that is). Luckily not a bad caliper problem. They said that the Super Dutys really need to have their rear brakes inspected and serviced about every 30-40K to avoid problems - especially in our salty winter road area of Ontario.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
I have been having smoking issues with the driver's side rear brakes on my '06 (about 94,000 km.) so dropped it off at the dealer this morning. Just got a call from the service writer and said it has a sticky actuator (whatever that is). Luckily not a bad caliper problem. They said that the Super Dutys really need to have their rear brakes inspected and serviced about every 30-40K to avoid problems - especially in our salty winter road area of Ontario.

same thing!!!!

slide pins are sticking don't use wheel bearing grease they will do it again in 20*** miles use silicone grease or a dry film lube

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58