House is going on the market and the business is shutting down.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to move around Maryville or Townsend, TN and get the hell out of Florida. I am sick of the crap here and a change in pace could be good for me and the wife. But the house selling will take time so If I'm lucky first of the year I should be there.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I moved around 4.5 years ago and selling the house was the hardest part. I am not speaking of getting rid of my old house, just the selling process and the time needed to sell it. I lucked out and sold mine within 2 months. We closed the deal in 2 weeks. Then the market in California totally collapsed. I sure hope you can do it soon and at your asking price, or at least close to it.

Dave ;tu

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should sell fast were selling it as land it's 1/2 acre. The house needs so much work and with the new laws to meet the new wind loads of 140 MPH it take the house repairs over the 20% mark of value of the house so it would be cheaper to take the house down to the ground and build a new one.
We'll see what happen good Lord willing it will sell fast and at a good price.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The people who bought my old house knocked it down, and rebuilt a new one. Good Luck Dogman!

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Roy
It will be a big change for me. I have not moved in 21 years and never out of florida.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.. the Best of Luck on your sale & move. We're on the other end of the moving thing. 22 years with the Navy.. we moved 7 times. Been in this house 34 years now.. That's It, All Done.

We'd like to get the heck out of Cali.. and all it's Crap too, but don't know where we'd go. :dunno

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck on the sale, we moved here 21 years ago. Lived in the other house 22 years and would like to sale out here but can't make up our minds where we would like to move to.
Not much family left and no kids or grandkids. Are you retiring soon?
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58