How big a lift kit

stephenmsweigart

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How large of a suspension lift kit can i install w/o having to make changes to steering, driveshafts and other things. I want to lift up a little bit just for a better profile but do not want to change or add any other items due to the lift.
thanks
2006 f350 superduty amarillo

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
I may be wrong because i donthavent put a lift on my last few trucks but when i did it seems like up to 4" you wont have to make any mods @ 6" thnk you have to do driveshaft after that i dont know

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Get a leveling kit. Just raises the front end up a few inches. If thats what you want. I'd say 2-4" lifts would be ok without doing alot of major changes. You might have to do a drop pitman arm. I guess you could call around and see what the lift kits come with. That will give ya an idea on what you need.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You won't need a dropped pitman with a 2" kit. I did not need one for mine when I added a 2" kit to my truck. Any thing more, you might need one.

Dave

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 4" will let you get away with no mods at all, everything is included in the kit, 6" will lead you to wanting to upgrade things for a better ride and more suspension travel, but you can still get away without serious mods.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
A 4" will let you get away with no mods at all, everything is included in the kit, 6" will lead you to wanting to upgrade things for a better ride and more suspension travel, but you can still get away without serious mods.

Yea i've been readin up on that dynatrac combo kit. Damn pricey but looks like an awesome upgrade. Well worth it from what I've read for lifts 6" and bigger. They do make just the free spin kit that replaces the stock nonserviceable hubs with serviceable bearings and warn lockouts. Well worth it if yer doin any kind of lift and runnin bigger tires. I'd atleast get that but I'd have to get a loan for it haha.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dynatrac system is great. The hub conversion is a must, it's the difference between tearing threw the muck and getting stuck due to vacuum. The look on my wife's face when I brought home that system was less than pleased and I hade plenty of time in the garage to install it. Ha Ha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58