How do I park this thing.

Odie1969

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I just purchased my first big truck. 04 f350 king ranch long bed FX4. 60k miles. a big jump from my 01 ranger.

Parking has been the biggest problem for me so far. the only thing I have done so far is Edge Insight CTS just to monitor my ECT and EOT. No plans for any tuners at this point. Just wanted a nice truck big enough to haul my fat ass and possibly a toy hauler in the near future.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Your going to learn that parking in the north 40 is the norm.

Also, believe it or not.........backing these things into a spot is easier than going forward.

Tbar

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome4 Odie1969. Tbar is right on about backing in. Use the bed as an aiming sight. After a few years you will be able to parallel park it.

Dave :)

ducky1402

Reaction score
i back in always. you'd be surprised how tight of a spot you can back in once your comfortable with the truck

Odie1969

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have found backing is the easiest way to park and I thought the parking sensors were kinda cheesy till I had this truck now I love them. Thanks for the great welcome.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, Welcome to SSD.com
It does take a few weeks of driving to get the feel of these trucks. They seam big
at first then you get the feel of them. You will look for slanted parking spots and
learn to back in.
Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
You will get used to it. I'd rather park way out back since these trucks are so wide that im afraid of other idiots door dinging me.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will get used to it. I'd rather park way out back since these trucks are so wide that im afraid of other idiots door dinging me.

Times 2.

I hadta parrallel park mine (DRW) awhile back.. 3 peopole Clapped.. when I got'him in there. :sly:)

Congrats on yer New PSD, and WELCOME to SDD ;tu;tu

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58