how do you get pics to show up in a post?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
question for any computer nerds on this site. :dunno how do you get an actual picture to show up in your post? thanks.

i think i may have picked the wrong catagory for this question. if so, sorry.

Last edited:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I moved it to the right forum for you. At least one that better fits.

There are two ways to do it.

When you post, or click reply, you get the box for typing in your message. Above that box has a bunch of little icons. One of the icons is a little paperclip. This allows you to upload a picture from your computer to the site.

The other icon is just below it and to the right. Looks like a box with triangle and circle in it (like a mountain horizon with the sun above it).

Clicking that allows you to insert a LINK to a picture found on the web instead of on your computer.

Confused? Dont worry, so am I.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:

thanks, i understand how to use a camera and how to load them up onto the CP, and how to resize, etc. i guess my ? was not clear enuf. i see some posts with the url of where the pic is, so you have to click on the link and it sends you to the pic. what i am asking is how do you get the picture itself in the post so you do not have to click on a link to see the pic. does that make eny sense?:confused:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use the "" tags.

"[img]www.linktopicture.com/picture.jpg"

Just replace the www portion in between the [] [/] tags and it should display it.

just FYI, its almost the same as true HTML webpage programming, but instead of using the <> </> HTML tags, it uses [] on the forums.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
use the "" tags.

"[img]www.linktopicture.com/picture.jpg"

Just replace the www portion in between the [] [/] tags and it should display it.

just FYI, its almost the same as true HTML webpage programming, but instead of using the <> </> HTML tags, it uses [] on the forums.

replace the www portion with what? i tried it like you have it typed, but nothing.

Last edited:

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
You have the URL of the image? Did you put it on photobucket, or any other photo hosting site?

If you do have the Image URL then at the beginning of the URL put "
"

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yup, as said, you have to already have your photo hosted online at either your own server or one like photobucket (theres alot of free ones out there) and then you use the tags to embed the photo in your post.....

Photo embeded from my photobucket account.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/dakotakid/Truck%20stuff/142540695DiCtZN_fs.jpg

Same photo attached and uploaded to SDD's server.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Except they usually have a nicer rig.

Actually, I kinda like yours more than mine...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58