How do you "name" a link?

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
O.K. Dumb question time...How do you name a link? Instead of it being "WWW.bghdsbavhb.fds" how do you make it say "Poke Here" or "My pics"? Also, how do you change that line under your forum name? The one that says "member" or "Administrator", ect.? Can I do it or is the name change for "special" people only?:D :thanks

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
use the globe and chain link looking icon to make a link paste the url into the prompt. then click Ok which will put it all into the message box including a highlighted copy of the url you put in. It will be in between something like [url ...] and a [/url] bracket. just type over the duplicate url that is auto-hilited blue and that will be what the link says to a viewer.

you can change your title in the user control panel somewhere.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Click for pics. I am thinking that is what you want to put in your signature.

To do it put URL="http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=64"]Click for pics.[/URL] in you signature but add a [ at the beginning, I left the [ out so it didn't come up a link like the first one.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Just above the reply box poke this button------>
createlink.gif

enter your web url into the popup box and press enter, that will copy the text into the reply box and leave the address highlighted in blue, just type in whatever you want to rename the address to.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
to change the user title under your name go to "userCP" on the left of the screen will be all your options,click on "update profile" and you will see the "customer user title" box.type in what you want and click the "update"button at the bottom

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Make it look like this, only substituting the " [ " and " ] " symbols for the { and }

{url=http://www.tdsisaworthlesswasteoftime.com] POKE HERE {/url}
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :D
glad he asked cause i was feeling dumb:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58