How hard to gutt EBPV?

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am seriously considering rippin my EBPV out.

I really like the "whooooshing" sound when it is warming up, it turns alot of heads:D But It really pisses me off when Im trying to accelerate and it comes on, and its been doing that everyday now that its gotten kinda cold out lately (around 8F).

How hard is it to do? And are there any instructions posted somewhere?

Thanks a bunch:thanks
-Stouff

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be it probably looks like a carb butterfly, A plate & screws & two holes to block, top & bottom,,,,, or not. You will be alot happier without it

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
AlaskaRedneK said:
T bar, thanks for the links. Do you know if it is the same for the OBS trucks?

-Stouff
Yes it is, save for a few minor minor details such as we are non-intercooled and our turbo has no wastegate etc etc.... other than that the procedure is the same.

DozerDoug

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You can do it if you want but I would wire it up as an exhaust brake. You can use a dpdt switch and still have the factory setup, an off setting and also an on setting for the brake.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
DozerDoug said:
You can do it if you want but I would wire it up as an exhaust brake. You can use a dpdt switch and still have the factory setup, an off setting and also an on setting for the brake.

Yeah what he said :sweet Up here in Alaska it is nice to keep the EBPV. At -40 it takes a week to warm up the truck without it. Down in America gutting it the way to go.

Glad to see you finally found the site there Doug :D

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
I am guessing from his avatar and those DIY 180's in his sig he isnt too worried about an exhaust brake :) :) :) might save a few degrees on the EGT's with it gutted too...downside is you risk an oil leak if you dont take care of the pedistal/EBPV push rod...oh, and it taking a week to warm up :) @ those low temps you guys get up there.... :)

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DozerDoug said:

Ya know, the idea of it acting like an exhaust brake has crossed my mind... But I didnt know you can wire it up to only go off on a switch.

How hard is this to do, and does anyone have some instructions??? I have a new project for this next weekend now:D :sweet

Thanks guys!
-Stouff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg