Question How high can I lift and still pull a 5th wheel camper

Haulin250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here to forum. Not new to F250 diesels - anyway .... My current '06 F250 FX4 Crew Cab is stock with factory 20's. I pull a 5th camper, but would like to do a lift. I'm pretty sure that a 6" would be too much to still pull it safely with bed clearance as well as putting too much stress on rear axle of camper. However, I was thinking of either a 4" lift or if they made a 2" ... has anyone had success with either and still pulled campers?
And lastly, do the lifts consist of (for example the 4") a 4" front with a 2" rear to level out or does it do 4" front and back and still keep the "rake" look?
Thanks for any info.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
In general, 4" lift on 35" tires is max before you need to think about modding the trailer. A friend of mine has a 6" lift and 35" tires on his 2003 dually pulling a Raptor with no issues and the only thing he did was raise the pin box on the trailer and lower his hitch height. As long as you can get a fist between the bed rail and trailer you should be fine.

Haulin250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I honestly hoped 4" would work. I think that will be a good look and still functional

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58