How is this Constitutional?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I think the logic is, "if you're going to be a burden to the public healthcare system, you're going to need to support it as well."

and that's about all I can say without getting into an ideological debate...

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Tread carefully with this subject......... ;)

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start a right wing or left wing debate here, but I'm just wondering how this is legal?

Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage - Yahoo! News

I think the logic is, "if you're going to be a burden to the public healthcare system, you're going to need to support it as well."

and that's about all I can say without getting into an ideological debate...

Tread carefully with this subject......... ;)

Tbar

Yes, Very touchy at this time.. but would agree with JLD.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dont understand the legality issues of it.

I have made the choice to live without health insurance for the past 8 years. Its just cheaper to pay the doctor out of pocket than to pay a huge health insurance premium, huge deductibles, co-pays, etc.

I had emergency throat surgery 2 years ago. The bill came to 18k. I told them that I did not have insurance and that they would have to allow me to make payments. Suddenly the bill was knocked down to 6k with a 50% discount for immediate payment. I wrote them a check on the spot.

That $3,000 was cheaper than a deductible and the monthly premiums that I would have payed up until that point.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JMO but I'm think'n it's WaaY to early to even try to make any reasonable decisions, about Any Health Care Reform, or how it's going to effect anyone.

For the forseeable future we're going to see & hear the Gambit, the Whole 9 Yards.. of the Yay's & Nay's about ANYTHING connected to it..

WaaY to soon to be concerned.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JMO but I'm think'n it's WaaY to early to even try to make any reasonable decisions, about Any Health Care Reform, or how it's going to effect anyone.

For the forseeable future we're going to see & hear the Gambit, the Whole 9 Yards.. of the Yay's & Nay's about ANYTHING connected to it..

WaaY to soon to be concerned.

I agree. It's such a "hot potato" that I doubt that it will ever pass through Congress.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58