How many lock actuators have you replaced?

How Many Lock Actuators Have you Replaced?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
All, I have replaced 7 (All Ford OEM) of my 5 lock actuators since 2002. Thats right, I have broken everyone of the original one's, replaced all of the original one's (Ford OEM) and I am now replacing the replacements (Ford OEM). Either I am stupid for buying more Ford Actuators or Ford is smart by telling me these are the new design.....Note they did not say re-engineered.:eek:

I think we should collect everyone of them and send them back to Ford's R&D department and see what their reply is. :roflmao

How many have you replaced?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
oh, you mean on MY truck...
none.

But it does need the driver's door one replaced...

I'm in the repair biz, so I put in my fair share..

Reaction score
I need to replace 3 of the 4 in my truck. About what have you guys paid for these?

I paid about $45 each (OEM Replacements from here). So your looking at about $200 to do four, and that's doing the work yourself. :(
I would probably go ahead and do all 4 while your at it. If the other hasn't gone out, yet, it will.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Definitely would be doing the work myself. I haven't paid anyone to do anything more than an oil change or alignment in years. Probably add some jimmy jammers too or whatever they're called.

Is it safe to assume right away that it is the actuators? Rear pass does nothing at all, front pass works when it's warm out, driver's won't lock sometimes, and rear driver seems to be okay.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
I automatically assume it is the lock actuator, never had anything else go wrong lock wise, especially if it does not work in the cold, but does work in the heat. Another way to test if they are going bad soon is lock and unlock the doors repeatedly about 5+ times, if it is going bad it will work for a couple of times but after that it won't work for a while, then it will start working again afterwards. Jimi Jammmers are $40 for the front doors, they told me they don't make them for the rear doors, but in the instructions they had rear door instructions. Maybe it is if they have key locks or not.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Are the rear doors on an X any different? I thought I remembered seeing all 4 on their site last I looked for my 250 CC.

EDIT:
Looks to me like they have all 4 for an X?
Untitled Document

Last edited:

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
The big difference is I have key locks on the front doors and not on the rear. The Jimi Jammers go around the lock, so for my 2000 the front Jimi Jammers will not work on the back. I would bet that they do make them for the rear or you could probably make some for the rear if you are good with metal working. They have a good website that will have very good instructions on removing all of the door panels. Then while you are in there do both at the same time, Locks and Jimi Jammers.

Reaction score
Are our back doors different then y'all's Ex's? I purchased and installed Jimmi Jammers for all 4 doors.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58