How much is too much?

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
How moch puwer can stock connecting rods and such take? Also, Will I still be able to safely tow 10k with stage 1 injectors with the mods in my sig? How much of a difference will I see with injectors and my mods? Thanks in advance.;tu

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Your stock rods (remember youre 97 still has forged rods) are good for well in excess of 450-500 horse. You wont be anywhere near that with Stg I injectors and stock fuel system/stock turbo.

You should be able to safely tow 10K lbs but you will need to watch your EGT's and boost levels.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing to remember is with stage 1 injectors you can always turn the chip back down to stock and be at the same place EGT & boost wise you were with a stock truck. *** this is not recommended but is an option

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
ok, so for towing, I should think twice if I'm going to be towing up any real hills and such. Here's a question for ya. I went out and hopped in the truck. I started it and right as I let off the key, I heard a loud snap. It sounded like it could have just been the motor catchin on one of the cinlinders as it fired off. Any body else have any experience with this or any thoughts? Everything seems to run fine and it sounds normal. Just curious, not too worried though. Thanks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I towed a 26' TT with my Stg I's, non-intercooled, and a 4 POS wildman chip and never really had issues with EGT's while I had the chip set to tow/haul program. I had to keep my boost levels and RPM's up to keep EGT's managable. BTW, all my towing was done in the Rocky Mountain states, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the info. What do you think that snap could have been? Also, how much power over stock do stage 1s offer, and how much smoke do they put out?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I cant speculate what the snap was? Did it happen after the truck was already started or did the truck fail to start and then you heard the snap?

As far as power gain goes, it really depends upon your choice of PCM programming but I think an additional 100 horse is attainable with proper programming.

Smoke???? I could blacken out two lanes of traffic if I didnt let the turbo spool up. :D

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
It snapped right after the truck first fired and I let off the key. Like I said, truck runs fine and I think it may have been a cylinder just catchin on, but want to know if I should look for anything being wrong. I've been seriously considering stage 1 DIY injectors and Boost, tranny, and pyro gauges.(I know, I should already have them). I'm just tryin to fin out how they will do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58