How much lift for 37" tires?

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
It'll probably never happen, but it would be cool to slap on a set of those wrangler tires that Goodyear makes for the Humvee. They can be had on eBay CHEAP. I'm talking about a stock 2003 crew cab 4x4.
Big fun on weekends following a rain. :thumbs :p

CHPMustang

Reaction score
JIM_C said:
It'll probably never happen, but it would be cool to slap on a set of those wrangler tires that Goodyear makes for the Humvee. They can be had on eBay CHEAP. I'm talking about a stock 2003 crew cab 4x4.
For 37"s I'd go with an 8" Edge kit for sure :sweet

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
JIM_C said:

I do not mean to disagree with Bill but,............ :sorry
what the hell!! :eek:

You can clear 37" tires with just a 6" lift with only minor rubbing issues. :sweet

See pics.

(just kiddin ya Bill)

On edit: Edge kits are the best!!!

Tom

CHPMustang

Reaction score
kwazyca said:
I do not mean to disagree with Bill but,............ :sorry
what the hell!! :eek:

You can clear 37" tires with just a 6" lift with only minor rubbing issues. :sweet

See pics.

(just kiddin ya Bill)

On edit: Edge kits are the best!!!

Tom
That's cool Tom :D My personal preference is to avoid any fender,bumper,spring rubbing as in the past I've had to utilize cutoff wheels for resolve clearance issues :rolleyes:

Bill

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.5" Pro Comp lift and have no rubbing at all...

I run the Goodyear 37" MTR's... In fact I have enough room that I am thinking about going up to their 40" wheels.

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
I'd recommend at least a 6, an 8 would be better if you're going to wheel. You'll have more travel but if you're not a heavy wheeler, you could scrape by with an Edge 6 inch...

Or you could get crazy like me and put on the Edge 10.5 inch with crossover, downright high!!!

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
I'd recommend at least a 6, an 8 would be better if you're going to wheel. You'll have more travel but if you're not a heavy wheeler, you could scrape by with an Edge 6 inch...

Or you could get crazy like me and put on the Edge 10.5 inch with crossover, downright high!!!

You run 39's or 40's don't you Swany?

What kind of wear do you get?

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
Dieselmaster said:
You run 39's or 40's don't you Swany?

What kind of wear do you get?

I've gotten 44k out of this last set of Swamper Radials (38's) and am looking at the IROK 39.5's, I heard they were really soft tho and i put some miles on my rig. I'm almost right at the lift law out here in Ca and if I push up to 40's they'll nail me for sure, I can get away with 39.5's, just barely!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Swany said:

How Do you get it??? *scratches head*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14