How much lift for 37" tires?

NFA Fun

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Let me just say...SDHQ is a top notch group. Ryan sells great stuff and REALLY takes care of you. No BS.

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
I've gotten 44k out of this last set of Swamper Radials (38's) and am looking at the IROK 39.5's, I heard they were really soft tho and i put some miles on my rig. I'm almost right at the lift law out here in Ca and if I push up to 40's they'll nail me for sure, I can get away with 39.5's, just barely!

Do you happen to know what the Max load rating on those tires were?

I was looking at the Goodyear 40" MTR's and they are classified as a Load Range C ... but they are Max Load rated at 3195... A normal load range C is usually max load rated at 2400-2600 pounds

Now before I got my lift I used to run the 315/75/16's which are Load Range D but Max Load rated at 3195... Which is the same as 40's max load...

This would all leave me to believe that the 40's should handle about like the D rated 35's that I used to run...

I guess after all this rambling, what I am trying to get at, is if a 6 ply(C-rated) tire handles differently than an 8 ply(D-rated) tire even though they have the same Max Load spec's?

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the IROK's 8 ply and somewhere around 3600/tire. I have to do some more research on them, I've been really procrastinating about getting new tires, I know I can get a few more thousand out of them, probably make them last through the summer.

My problem is that I'm still running the 16.5's and it's limited on what I can get. Don't really want to buy new wheels cuz these welds are pretty good. And I just dumped some serious coin on the car...trying to spread out the pain :D

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Swany said:
Pretty sure that the IROK's 8 ply and somewhere around 3600/tire. I have to do some more research on them, I've been really procrastinating about getting new tires, I know I can get a few more thousand out of them, probably make them last through the summer.

My problem is that I'm still running the 16.5's and it's limited on what I can get. Don't really want to buy new wheels cuz these welds are pretty good. And I just dumped some serious coin on the car...trying to spread out the pain :D

Swany,

If I had your money, I would burn mine :p :D

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swany said:

I hear ya... I had to drive around with my lift and 35" tires for several months because I was saving up to purchase some 17" wheels to put the 37's on... It looked goofy but I'm glad I waited... By waiting I was able to walk into a killer deal on my APP's.

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
oops I meant how do you get in??? LoL :sorry

I don't know about Swany's but my truck still has the factory running boards.. They help a little.. Without the running boards it is a whole different story... I running jump seems to work best. :D

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
Dieselmaster said:
I don't know about Swany's but my truck still has the factory running boards.. They help a little.. Without the running boards it is a whole different story... I running jump seems to work best. :D

Pole vault?

Rope ladder? :D

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
Nerf bars here, just step on them and then up (I'm not a wheel grabber either). Getting out is a little tougher on the knee's, you kinda just drop out.

Taking out the ladies was kinda fun too, especially when they wear those cute little skirts ;)

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
Dieselmaster said:
I have a 6.5" Pro Comp lift and have no rubbing at all...

I run the Goodyear 37" MTR's... In fact I have enough room that I am thinking about going up to their 40" wheels.

I just saw some 40" MT/Rs go up for sale over at TDS. Five of them, less than 1,000 miles, guy's asking $1,400. :eek:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14