How much Pain????

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much in a pain of the arse is it to do the fan clutch on the 7.3 mine is driving me nuts on the freeway on/off surge crap only after 15-20 minutes into my drive. So what all does this intail ? Is it just unbolt and replace or are there any special tools?

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin,
I bought the big wrench for the nut holding everything to the shaft, but I would bet you can rent it. Once you get the fan/clutch assy off the motor, there are four 13mm bolts holding the fan to the clutch.

Same deal as R&Ring the water pump. Overflow container, single nut holding fan/clutch assy which then lays in the shroud, 2 bolts for the shroud and done.
Do a forum search for water pump removal, some1 did a writeup on the whole procedure.

Good luck!

Mike

Mike

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin,
I bought the big wrench for the nut holding everything to the shaft, but I would bet you can rent it. Once you get the fan/clutch assy off the motor, there are four 13mm bolts holding the fan to the clutch.

Same deal as R&Ring the water pump. Overflow container, single nut holding fan/clutch assy which then lays in the shroud, 2 bolts for the shroud and done.
Do a forum search for water pump removal, some1 did a writeup on the whole procedure.

Good luck!

Mike

Mike

Bill at powerstroke.com also has an 8-vid segment on the whole process as well if you'd like to watch that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58