how much would this suck?

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
01 F250 PSD, CC, Shortbox pulling a 32ish ft gooseneck with two Grand Cherokees (close to 10k lbs) on it. To top it all off, the only place I would be towing that setup would be through the mountains of CO on our way to go wheeling so lots of hills and never a straight road.

Obviously a DRW long bed would be much better for this, but is it possible, or even safe?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Driving the rig you describe in the mountains would IMHO definitely make your sphincter pucker on the downhill runs.:burnit

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure, I mean real sure that the trailer brakes are working good. In 1990 I had the truck brakes go out on a crewcab gasser going down Wolf Creek Pass pulling a 35 foot Terry Fifth Wheel. Yes the........definitely make your sphincter pucker on the downhill
Sure glad the trailer brakes worked good.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Your F 250 can handle the 10K easily enough, I think youre GCWR on that rig is 20,000 lbs (that's the weight of vehicle/fuel/passengers/gear and trailer loaded) but you might want to load it all up and roll it across a scale to ensure your tounge weight isnt excessive as to overload your axle and tire combo.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Luckily we probably wouldn't ever go over Wolf Creek Pass, that's one bad enough without a load! But Vail, Eisenhower, Kenosha, maybe Hoosier every once in a while. The truck is bagged too so I'm thinking that would probably help get everything squared away. Would a LB DRW really make a ton of difference here?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The DRW will give you the extra tire capacity and a different gearing in the rear. Not a ton of difference, but a notable difference.

BigRedJeep

Mind if I Smoke
Reaction score
i pulled a 93 grand cherokee and a 95 yj wrangler on my 25ft gn and the only prob was it use a lot of fuel. up and down the hills bottom of ky and top of tn. yea 2x on checkin the brakes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14